Archive for York Metro
How much do you love holiday decorating? This is the time of year to go all out and put your decorating skills on display for friends, family and neighbors. Whether you focus on a glitzy tree, a Griswold-inspired front yard or some simple holiday accessories, we want to see how you decorate for the holiday season!
That’s why we created the S&A Home for the Holidays contest. Now through December 26th, we want to see pictures of your home decorated for the holidays! On December 27th, we will announce the winner, who will receive a $100 gift card simply for posting a photo or two.
There are just three easy steps! Read More→
Looking for a better way to get cozy now that the cold and crisp weather is settling in for the weekend? How about with a FREE fireplace? At S&A Homes, for a limited time, we invite you to take advantage of our exclusive offer.
In most of our communities, purchase a to-be-built home between November 1 and November 30, 2013 and receive a FREE fireplace in your new home! One of our most popular features, a fireplace offers more than comfort on a cold day. Read More→
Once you’ve handed out the last of the candy tonight, treated yourself to Charlie Brown’s Halloween Special and collapsed with exhaustion after tucking the little ones in, the inevitable reality will sink in that the holiday season is upon you (and us).
We want to know – is a new home on your holiday wish list this year? If so, what do you want in that brand new home? If you aren’t sure, here is a list of top five buying trends for 2013 according to Zillow:
1. Man Caves & Smart Homes
2. Custom Designed Closet Systems
3. Home Offices
4. Hardwood Flooring
5. Urban Homes with Amenities Read More→
Halloween is just 16 days away! If you have little ones, that fun day comes with a lot of responsibility. Here are a few tips from S&A Homes to help make your Halloween fun and safe!
• Take pictures on a different day (i.e. the week before). Many local photographers offer mini sessions for kiddos in their Halloween costumes. With portrait sessions starting as low as $15, we say that is a great investment! Let the photographer worry about capturing those cute little smiles, so you can enjoy the evening without the stress of capturing that perfect picture!
• Write your child’s name, address and phone number on the inside of their costume if they are young. Figuring out how to find your child AFTER you get separated is not the time to think about taking precautions.
• Put reflective material on your child’s costume, especially if it’s made of darker material to ensure cars can see your little trick-or-treater! Read More→
Did you know that this Saturday, September 28 is Good Neighbor Day? That’s right! Okay, it may be a bit obscure and there probably aren’t many of us that have even heard of Good Neighbor Day, but you are now in the know. Just like Grandparents’ Day, this is one holiday that is quickly gaining in popularity.
A small gesture this Saturday could go a long way in the friend department and will certainly come in handy next time your run out of eggs. Read More→
Home is a hard thing to describe. Is it made of wood and bricks? Sure. Does it have windows and doors? Of course. But is that what home is?
Home is so much more than simply the products comprised to build it. Home is the keeper of our memories, the backdrop for our good times and bad. It provides shelter, happiness and a sanctuary for those who live in it.
We want to know – what is home to you?
As we all begin our three-day weekend, it’s clear that not many of us are complaining about the extra day off this Monday. Many of our families will use the time to travel and see loved ones, catch up on chores around the house or simply hole up and watch college football all weekend long.
Regardless of the fact that most of us know how to properly “celebrate” this holiday, there are few that know how this important date originated or why.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the date was created as “a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country.” Read More→
Wow! We’ve got so much going on at S&A Homes this weekend, it’s virtually impossible to pack it all into one blog. Even though the temps may be cooling down around here, everything at S&A Homes is heating up, and we don’t want you to miss out on the action!
Martinsburg, WV: We have a fantastic and affordable quick delivery home available in our Fernwood community for just $169,900. This charming two-story Kingston plan offers three bedrooms, a Craftsman-style exterior and a level backyard just minutes from I-81. To make this deal a little sweeter, put in an offer this weekend and get a FREE Plasma TV valued up to $1,000! The Open House is located at 15 Hosta Ct., Martinsburg, WV this Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Harrisburg, PA: We are opening up our final two quick delivery homes this weekend. Both homes are located in Harrisburg’s most popular 55+ community, Amesbury. These gorgeous carriage homes offer maintenance-free living, snow removal, first floor owners’ suites and upgrades galore just minutes from the area’s best shopping and dining. Purchase by 9/9/13 and get your choice of $3,000 extra towards closing costs or a free washer/dryer/fridge for your new home. Visit us this Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. or Sunday noon-5 p.m. at 4836 Sheffield Court, Harrisburg, PA. Read More→
When it comes to selling new homes, most builders have printed floor plans. While floor plans are a necessity, it can be hard for some people to visualize the final product. More importantly, it can be even more difficult to picture your own furniture in the home.
Where is the perfect spot for your plasma TV and entertainment hutch? How about Mom’s antique dining room furniture? Well, wonder no more when you peruse our super helpful website. Read More→
As the official start to summer approaches and schools let out, garage sale season is in full swing. Those disciplined enough to purge the old can be rewarded with a cleaner house and fatter pocket book simply by following these simple garage sale tips.
• Start Early – Depending on when your last sale was, it may take several seeks to properly sort through the keepers, losers and sellers.
• Check to See if Your Community Hosts a Garage Sale – Many of S&A Homes’ communities throughout PA & WV host a community garage sale. Choosing to sell when your neighbors do takes the pressure off of having to advertise and place signs to draw people to your home.
• Advertise! – If you aren’t fortunate enough to live in a neighborhood sponsoring a community yard sale, utilize free listing services like Craigslist, Instagram, Facebook and signage to promote your sale ahead of time. Read More→